Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Technical Issues with Pioneer CDJ-350

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Everyone,

No Doubt many of you have read a thread of this nature.. It's just really starting to grind on me that I don't seem to be able to get it resolved.

I brought some CDJ 350's and spent £240 on this program. That was the easy bit. The hard bit is getting it to work..

I can be playing a record and then the sound cuts off.. i have read that this could be a latency issue but it don't matter what latency I have it on it still does it every now and again. I have even closed everything down (everything possible) by way of processes on my laptop but it still does it.. and normally in the middle of a mix...

I was on it yesterday as I had a gig last night and everything worked fine (apart from sound cutting out) it was fine. WHen i got my stuff to the venue and set it up the decks weren't operating correctly again. Things like If i load a track in deck 2 i could play it but it would also load into deck 1 and only play out of channel 1 through the mixer.. and vice versa.

Has anyone else got any experience of thiis? and if so is there anything else I can do? I operate from a samsung laptop (thinking of upgrading to a mac if i cant get this resolved) WITH 4GB MEM and dual core processors....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers Buds,

Kelvin

Posted Sat 04 Feb 12 @ 9:49 am
You need to go into the settings on the CDJs and make sure they are set to different HID channels i.e left player 1 right player 2, as they will both come set up to channel 1 from Pioneer.

then in the sound settings of VDJ set the middle option to external mixer 2 channel, then the bottom option select 2 sound-cards and then select each CDJ in the pop-up menus that you see to the right.

also make sure you have the latest updates from the pioneer web site for pioneer asio drivers and firmware for the players.

hop this info is of help to you and you get it all sorted.

Posted Sat 04 Feb 12 @ 10:07 am

Posted Sat 04 Feb 12 @ 1:01 pm
I've sorted the track loading problems into the opposite deck but still getting the drop outs from the music.

ive shut everything down whats not supposed to be open. turned wireless off etc. i downloaded the latency checker and it stays in the green. i still get the drop outs.

feel like ive wasted the money on all of this as there seems to be no resolution.. from either party.

If any other readers have pioneer cdj 350's the it would be good to know their settings? i.e - Latency and BIT on pioneer settings.

then the sound settings and latency etc on VDJ settings..

My system spec is above what VDJ recommends so I need to check everything..

Posted Sat 11 Feb 12 @ 3:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)