Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to cache netsearch files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I am new here and this may be a simply problem I am having but when you netsearch and play a song, where is that file kept so you can play it offline as long as the premium subscription is current, or can you not? Please help

Posted Fri 02 Jul 10 @ 3:06 pm
If you right-click on the file and choose Download to cache then it will be saved to your NetSearch cache folder on your hard disk, allowing the file to be played off-line. The cache folder is located in My Documents\VirtualDJ\Cache

NOTE: If you have no Internet access at your gig, you should renew your cache authorisations just before going to your gig to ensure that they are all up-to-date. You can do this by right-clicking on the NetSearch folder and choosing Refresh cache authorizations

Posted Fri 02 Jul 10 @ 3:18 pm
Cheers for that I new It would be something simple I was overlooking

Posted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 1:35 pm
i cant find my music in the download cache

Posted Wed 25 Sep 13 @ 2:21 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
rightclick the track and choose "download to cache"...
although this topic is more the 2 years old and the answers where already given...;-)

Posted Wed 25 Sep 13 @ 2:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If not mistaken, Limited Edition versions do not offer the special "ContentUnlimited/Downloaded Content" folder.
Cached files are saved in MyDocuments/VirtualDJ/Cache folder, so you need either to ..
- navigate through the folders, starting from MyComputer-->C->Users...etc and find that folder
or/and ....
- create a Filter Folder with criteria .. filepath contains "vdjcache"

Note, that if you search for a CU file and simply load it to a deck (streaming), it will not appear in the Cached folder. You need to rightclick to that file and choose Download to cache, if you wish to save/keep it and use it when your computer is offline.

Posted Wed 25 Sep 13 @ 2:54 pm
hi guys. i have the same problem. i cached my songs proply. they worked for a while but now when i try to refresh cache authorisation on the first lot of songs i got off net search maybe 2 months ago they still wont play. keeps saying system error on deck. however the new songs i got still work.

Posted Mon 11 Nov 13 @ 12:14 am

Are you logged in at the VDJ internet tab?

Posted Mon 11 Nov 13 @ 9:07 am
Here my simple question...where is this refresh all button to keep everything current. I know where to find the cache files but the only way i've found to refresh it is to drop them individually on to a deck and have it upload. I bit of a hassle when theres a lot of cache files.

Posted Sun 28 May 17 @ 4:13 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
As long as they appear in the Online Music->Downloaded files list, you don't have to do anything.
They will be refreshed when you have an internet connection.

If there was a problem refreshing some files or it has been too long, you will get a warning on startup. You can then right-click the files and select 'refresh drm'

Posted Sun 28 May 17 @ 4:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)