Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: The Ability to Record Each Track Seperately

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i would the ability to record each track to a separate file instead of just recording the master output.

Posted Wed 03 Mar 10 @ 1:04 am
This can be done. You tick the box "Split into multiple files" in the Record Config.

Roy

Posted Wed 03 Mar 10 @ 4:21 pm
well i'm using timecode CDs so i can't record the line input...

as of now my options for recording source are: master, master + mic, and line-in. if i record master output, it won't record the two tracks to separate files unless i'm using the software crossfader. i don't want to have to map my mixer just for this to work.

for example, i'm using an esi maya44 usb asio sound card. it has 4 inputs and 4 outputs, or 2 stereo channels. with VDJ, i should be able to record the output tracks 1+2 (left channel) as one file, and output tracks 3+4 (right channel) as another file.

Posted Thu 04 Mar 10 @ 1:52 am
dubbedmk3 wrote :
well i'm using timecode CDs so i can't record the line input...

as of now my options for recording source are: master, master + mic, and line-in. if i record master output, it won't record the two tracks to separate files unless i'm using the software crossfader. i don't want to have to map my mixer just for this to work.

for example, i'm using an esi maya44 usb asio sound card. it has 4 inputs and 4 outputs, or 2 stereo channels. with VDJ, i should be able to record the output tracks 1+2 (left channel) as one file, and output tracks 3+4 (right channel) as another file.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to record your mixes so you hear one song mixed into the next just as you played it or are you trying to hear the left deck as one audio file, and the right deck as a separate audio file?

Posted Thu 04 Mar 10 @ 8:11 am
yeah, i'm want to have both decks record to seperate files. if vdj could record the live output of each deck individually that would be awesome

Posted Thu 04 Mar 10 @ 10:12 am
Ah, I see. No, you would not be able to accomplish this with VDJ as far as I know. I don't know how you would be able to accomplish this but I'd imagine you'd need some sort of external sound card with at least two audio inputs and then route that into a multi-track recording software like Logic, Cubase, or GarageBand. Just curious, why would you want to record each deck separately? Each recorded track would be music|dead air|music|dead air|music etc.

Posted Thu 04 Mar 10 @ 11:21 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok ... wait a second ... you want to record the 2 separate files that you already have in a digital media format (because you are already playing them in VirtualDJ) to a recording device as the 2 separate independent tracks ???

Why not just burn the playlist to a CD ???

If this was possible, you would never hear the MIX because your would not be able to capture the blending of the tracks.

So you must record some 'blended' output now whether that be using VirtualDJ's internal recording and using the internal crossfader OR some external recording device from the MASTER out of the mixer so you can use the mixer's crossfader.

So what you are asking for already exists - its the tracks you played in the order you played them - the VirtualDJ History playlists (Right click on one and see the menu options it gives you)

Posted Thu 04 Mar 10 @ 3:03 pm
djpaschPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm looking for an option which enables me to record both decks but without the samples.
When i'm mixing at the local radio station i also use samples, but i would like to have the possibility to exclude them from the recorded mix.

Would this be possible?

Posted Fri 07 May 10 @ 12:36 pm
djpasch wrote :
I'm looking for an option which enables me to record both decks but without the samples.

The only way to do this is thru an external mixer with multiple zone outputs and running VDJ with [external mixer 3 stereo output]

Posted Fri 07 May 10 @ 1:01 pm
i am using vdj 8 and i dont see anything potaining to split in multiple files

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 1:19 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Advanced options, recordAutoSpit genius

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 9:49 pm
where is the advanced options located at?

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 10:57 pm
Perhaps read the manual?

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 11:07 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@ tashiaphillip13

Go to config > select the options (cog) in the left hand coloumn > at the top in the search box press the drop down button > now select "all settings"

@ groovin, I know you are showing a little hard love but there is no point of answering or indeed of this community if we can't give a positive answer to someone's request for help.

Posted Sat 02 Jul 16 @ 12:05 am
Options > recordAutoSplit > Yes

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 2:53 am
I was trying to record but manually splitting the record file (like the cut option in virtual dj 7). There does not to be an option for this other than using the cross fader to auto split. The thing is I rarely use the cross fader and prefer to use the volume sliders. Im sure it was a scissors icon in virtual dj 7???

Posted Sun 30 Apr 17 @ 1:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The option is still there, named as recordAutosplit (in VirtualDJ ->Settings->Options tab). If set to Yes, it will split your recording files into multiple tracks. Mixing with Volume faders will also split the recording file.
If you also want to manually cut/split your recording file, you can assign a custom button as record_cut

Posted Sun 30 Apr 17 @ 3:15 pm
thanks i will have a look at that manual button idea and give it a go thanks

Posted Mon 01 May 17 @ 2:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)