Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: how do i preview the other deck for mixing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jaxta75PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ok...if i have a tune playing on deck A with the volume up on it and the crossfader in the middle (as i mix the tunes with the volume deck controls)....how do i preview the the tune on deck B to know that when i put the volume up on it to mix it in that the beats will be perfectly matched? Hope that makes sense LOL

Posted Thu 24 Dec 09 @ 11:23 pm
dj_pPRO InfinityMember since 2006
jaxta75 wrote :
Ok...if i have a tune playing on deck A with the volume up on it and the crossfader in the middle (as i mix the tunes with the volume deck controls)....how do i preview the the tune on deck B to know that when i put the volume up on it to mix it in that the beats will be perfectly matched? Hope that makes sense LOL

How's your rig set up?
Do you have more than one sound card?

Can't remember if split stereo cable is currently supported.

Posted Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 10:51 am
kokairHome userMember since 2009
The easiest way is to use a headset. You can set the sound in VDJ that deck A comes in leftear and B in rightear so you can hear both decks while the crowd only hears the deck that is playing.

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 7:36 am
Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
The easiest way is to use a headset. You can set the sound in VDJ that deck A comes in leftear and B in rightear so you can hear both decks while the crowd only hears the deck that is playing.

Sounds perfect but... How?
when i plug ear phones in the sound cuts out on the speakers... is there a setting that allows headphones and speakers to run independantly...?
thank you
X

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 4:45 pm
gouvrasHome userMember since 2009
hi there

i think that you need a second sound card... then the sound for speakers comes from the main sound card and the sound for headphones comes from the 2nd card... I've heard that in some lap-tops (or pcs) you can make the microphone's output, a 2nd output for sound but i'm not sure :P

Cheers

Posted Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 12:05 pm
Get bluetooth headphones. Then edit config to set preview & headsets to bluetooth MIght have to adjust channels but it works

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 9:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)