Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mini Mac For DJing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
Anybody out there using a Mini Mac for DJing, I'm Getting Tired Of My PC.
Thanx
kk

Posted Sun 18 Oct 09 @ 1:23 pm
I think you mean Mac Mini (not Mini Mac).

Posted Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 5:51 pm
Mac Mini Yes Do use It or Do You Know Some DJ That Does?

Posted Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 6:02 pm
the problem is that you must use an external screen and for a DJ on the road is it simpler to use a Macbook(pro)

Posted Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 10:36 am
As long as the specs are up to par for a Mac Mini (i.e. it meets, but more ideally exceeds the minimum specs) for VDJ then it should be fine. Like the other guy said though, you would then have to cart around a display monitor; not too portable. Just get a Macbook (unless you're a bedroom DJ).

Posted Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 2:11 pm
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
As long as the specs are up to par for a Mac Mini (i.e. it meets, but more ideally exceeds the minimum specs) for VDJ then it should be fine. Like the other guy said though, you would then have to cart around a display monitor; not too portable. Just get a Macbook (unless you're a bedroom DJ).

If you build the box that holds the monitor with the Mac Mini in it, all Components are connected just plug it in & hook up powered speakers & your spinning. No chance of breaking wires & less time to set up. Thanx I will look into a Mac Book Pro it might be less costly. kat

Posted Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 4:24 pm
Even with a custom box it's going to be fairly cumbersome, take up a lot of table space, you won't have the option of putting it on laptop stand (like the "L-Stand"), and it wouldn't be much cheaper.

Posted Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 5:15 pm
I use a MacBook Pro - The Mac Mini should work fine. but then you need to carry a separate monitor. However, the Mac Mini is cheaper than a Mac notebook starting at 599 with the top model at 799 dollars.

Posted Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 8:55 pm
the new mac mini is very good there will be some touch screens coming out this week you can mont it at back of many of the monitors out there,you can get a mac book pro with win 7 i saw one today at the apple store with win 7

Posted Fri 23 Oct 09 @ 2:06 am
DJ PHIL IT wrote :
the new mac mini is very good there will be some touch screens coming out this week you can mont it at back of many of the monitors out there,you can get a mac book pro with win 7 i saw one today at the apple store with win 7

DJ Phil
Here's my next question: is the Graphics card in the Mac Mini capable of handing video's & Karaoke?
Thx for answering my Questions. What CPU Rig are you using?
kat

Posted Fri 23 Oct 09 @ 7:53 am
According to the specs I am reading on apples website the mac minis come with Nvidia GeForce 9000M with 256mb DDR3 of SDRAM Shared and Virtual DJ Requires 256mb DDR3 of dedicated memory on your graphicas card.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/mac_mini?aid=AIC-NAUS-K2-CONFIGURE-MACMINI-DESIGN&cp=CONFIGURE-MACMINI-DESIGN

I have seen some Mac Minis being sold at Fry's electronics with 1gb DDR3 dedicated video memory, I remember before you could upgrade the video on mini macs on apples website but I no longer see that option.

Posted Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 3:00 pm
So does anybody know,or has any knowledge (convenient or not) if the mac mini can work well with VDJ?

Posted Sun 02 May 10 @ 11:09 am
I have an older Core 2 Duo mac mini with the intel GM945 integrated graphics chip and it works fine with the latest version of VDJ (6.0.7) or audio and video. Also works fine in bootcamp with XP.
I like the newer ones as they support 2 video outptuts (finally)

Posted Tue 04 May 10 @ 12:12 pm
mdtapiaHome userMember since 2015
Krazy Kat DJs wrote :
Hi,
Anybody out there using a Mini Mac for DJing, I'm Getting Tired Of My PC.
Thanx
kk

Yes the Mac Mini works just fine with VDJ 8 and 7...as well as Serato DJ and Djay Pro. So sometimes I like using VDJ over Serato.DJ and Vice Versa as well as DJay Pro (OS X only). So i bought a used Mac Mini 2.1GHZ 4GB RAM 250GBSSD 250.00. So When I need it is always with me and use the Built In Monitor on my HP 14 Touchsmart Sleekbook as Monitor. 2 Different operating systems when I need it. ( it is quit costly purchasing a Macbook Pro with Windows 10 as well as OS X)

Posted Thu 17 Nov 16 @ 3:16 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You're replying to a question posed 7 years ago.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 16 @ 3:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)