Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

Has anyone out there had this problem when running VDJ v6.01 when searching you get the following error message and it locks the program, it has also caused VDJ to crash and corrupt songs in the database!

---------------------------
virtualdj.exe - No Disk
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.
Cancel Try Again Continue

I know of 2 other people running this version that have had this problem in last week

2 of us are using Sony Vaio laptops running Vista with service pack 2

DJ Robbie

Posted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 11:40 am
Deja vu . . . my post from a few weeks ago:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/114683/PC_Version_Technical_Support/_No_Disk__error_pop-up_box_at_random_times.html

I'm running a PC laptop w/ 6.0.1. I have a 320gb internal drive that's partitioned with a G: drive holding ALL of my music. I don't have a single track on my C drive. I think it's something with the fact that my music is on the local drive, but a separate partition . . . dunno, just a hunch.

Though, Mine has NEVER locked or crashed the program. That has me worried, as mine happens every so often (1-2x every 5-6 sessions) I'm also running Vista, but SP1.

What's your music setup?

Posted Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 9:19 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I believe there are some quirky things going on in Vista that nobody but MS may be able to explain.

When I click on a storage device in my system I get error stating that windows needs to search for a program to open it...lol.
At this point I have to right click and select "open" to get where I want to go.

Another quirk is when I go to save things I get errors looking for the last saved location I used which is not connected when I should be seeing a browser to navigate to the location of my choice...omg please.

With every update I pray they fix this, but its just not happening.
Been preparing for a wipe, but as 7 approaches its not worth the trouble.

All I can hope for is that Windows 7 has more of this crap straightened out.

Posted Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 9:58 am
i'm running windows 7 on my main AV editing tower and my gig laptop and 7 is GREAT! its exactly what they say it should be. fast, less resources used, very user friendly. you can still get a RC key on microsoft.com you just need a copy of the rc version for your machine. i am running both on 64 bit machines and am about to install it on my extra 32 bit soon.

Posted Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 10:19 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Here's another Vista pisser
Legal version of MS Office installed complete with updates.
Double click on a an original word doc and it spits up an error that windows cannot find the document....
The it opens a blank Word Doc with the file I wanted to open in the left browser as an available document.

Double click the same doc in my documents...opens fine.

Must be something with VDJ I guess.

Posted Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 2:51 pm
Microsoft has been doing wonky things up there. Some HP laptop models have been having issues with the wifi antenna, in my case when i boot up my laptop windows will not acknowledge that my wifi antenna is present, but after my laptop has been running for a few hours then it magically discovers a new hardware.
I spoke to HP and they explained that MS provided them with certain specs for making hardware, in this case recent MS updates now limit the amount of voltage distributed to wifi antennas in some HP models, but because of legal agreements HP cannot modify MS files to correct this problem, now since my windows is an OEM version MS says speak to HP...

Thanks Bill!!

Posted Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 8:07 pm
I am running into the same problem with windows 7.

DJRobbie12 wrote :
Hi

Has anyone out there had this problem when running VDJ v6.01 when searching you get the following error message and it locks the program, it has also caused VDJ to crash and corrupt songs in the database!

virtualdj.exe - No Disk
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.
Cancel Try Again Continue

I know of 2 other people running this version that have had this problem in last week

2 of us are using Sony Vaio laptops running Vista with service pack 2

DJ Robbie

Posted Sun 10 Oct 10 @ 6:04 pm

i think we're talking about auto play glitches , which i see on my Vista system

however i haven't seen any problems like this on W7.....

W7 the glitchiest item i notice is AERO so i don't use

Posted Mon 11 Oct 10 @ 8:22 am
ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have seen this problem when a track in one of your playlists was originally found on a different drive. For some reason it points to the CD Drive. You gotta figure which track it is and edit the .xml or just delete all of the play lists from the folder (VDJfolder in My Docs) and add them back 1 at a time to see which playlist is at fault.
Hope this helps.

Posted Mon 11 Oct 10 @ 3:43 pm
I've seen this in Windows 7, and it relates to playlists as previously noted.

Posted Sat 18 Aug 12 @ 5:20 am
Same messages there is or disk on drive...I have a sony vaio anyone found the solution thanks!!!

Posted Sun 30 Apr 17 @ 4:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)