Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Popping and clicking Noise when loading song and/or playing song

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gvmusicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
how do i get rid of the popping and clicking when loading a song?

this sometimes happens when the song is playing and the bride and groom give me dirty looks.

help
dj@gvmusic.com

Posted Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 10:59 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do you have the same audio problems when the console is not plugged in?

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 7:40 am
You need more ram!!!

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 9:51 am
i don't hear anything from the laptop speakers when the console is not connected.

i have 1gb of ram isn't that enough?

Posted Sat 19 Feb 05 @ 8:21 am
If you have one gig of ram, you should set your "Max Load" in settings-general to Always, or at least 30mn. If it still skips on songs loading- your songs are either to long, or your processor to slow.

Also, even though I use TCV, I NEVER touch ANYTHING while i set a song to a deck and it loads. Just let the opposite deck play and don't touch anything until it's all loaded. Crossfading or scratching or even eqing on the herc and put excess pressure on your ram and CPU that can cause it to pop or skip.

Posted Sat 19 Feb 05 @ 8:57 am
goatusHome userMember since 2004
i get a loud crackle noise at the start of every mp3 i play.. its easy to avoid.. ive learned to nudge the song over half a second before playing.. but does anyone else get this problem?

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 7:28 am
@goatus........ what version are you using?
gday mate
Andre

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 9:16 am
i'm also having the very same problem, and its not the ram or the processor - and as for that it could be that the song is too long!!!!! why should that be a problem? dance remixes and part multitrack mixes are usually longer than 'normal' tracks anyway - isnt this aimed at dj mixing????

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 10:02 pm
im running the latest update.

but anyways.. i fixed the problem.. i think i know what it was. i didnt have enuff ram b4.. so i had max load turned off. Now i just upgraded my ram and turned max load on theres no crackle at the start.. i would say it was the gain being at infinite % for the first milisencond b4 it loaded the first second of the song and auto gained it down. If that makes sense... heh.

Posted Sun 27 Feb 05 @ 5:38 pm
@goatus:please enter your serial# in your profile

Posted Sun 27 Feb 05 @ 9:01 pm
i dont see the need or advantage of doing so.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 7:02 am
i have 1gb of ram, p4 3.2ghz procesor new laptop.

help me get rid of the popping please, it is random and not always on the same song

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 1:47 am
i have never experienced or heard of this happening during the song playing.. have you checked your setup/soundcard etc for loose connections?

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 5:10 am
goatus- Register yo'self.

gvmusic- you ARE using a DJ console right? or are you just using the program...I don't see DJ console by name, thats why i ask.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 8:53 am
Load priority set it to idle this will fix your issue on VDJ 8 with loading a song and getting crackles and pops in the master out

Posted Mon 14 May 18 @ 2:15 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Replying to a thread that was last visited 13 year ago... pointless

Posted Mon 14 May 18 @ 2:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)